Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Debauchery

Ok, I love bad bitches, patron and cheese grits [non a la Al Green] in the a.m. from anonymous one-night stands as much as the next homosapien; however, I’m getting bad gas just thinking about these male centric tropes being so heavily marketed into my very ordinary life. Why yes, I am sir, a pimp in my own mind, but that’s sadly as far as it goes.
Sometimes, I’d just like to listen to a track that makes me feel good about my mundane 9-5, my mutherf*cking khakis from Indonesian infant hands (the GAP) and my Chicago Transit Card -yeah, I gots credit, hoe! Is that alright w/u Ricky Rozay? Can I get a song about my 3.5 star chick who loves me for me! shyyyyt. Soccer mom ass all day, but I gets it!...oh I gets it.

No no, I understand- wooowhoo, life’s a party when u have cool tattoos, free weed, no need for food stamps and the infamous “Red Bone” (who I hear is now going by “Yellow Bone” #kanyeshrug) on your arm. Whatevz, Beamer Benz, Bentley *cough* Hyundai…fuck it, I keeps it real. So I’m gonna put up some REAL shit, about REAL NIGGAZ doing REAL THANGS! I apologize to all of the readers who’ve buried the ‘N’ word along with Jesse Jackson.  Yes, I know it sounded like Jesse was buried as well, I’m not a writer, fuck u. Anywho, I digress…

You might be rolling your eyes in contempt thinking,  B*tch! Get on to the point. Oh I’ma tell yall the muthaeffin point. For the two of you who are still keeping up with me, I’d like to veer away from these monotonous images/sounds so often found in entertainment *holler if you hear me* and move back to the actual music. I want to hear an artist’s …oh I don’t know, ART! [Mahalia Jackson sings in background -Jesus gives thumbs up] Jesus and I are sick of having substance substituted with finely manufactured visual tea bagging. Yea, your beats make me feel like I could run a small gang in Englewood and make it tsunami in the club, but you ain’t talkin’ bout SHIT, homie!  I’m saying, the audio-visual fucking is getting out of hand, ostentatious if u will.  One too many nuts-a-bustin’.

I’m all about the appeal of your #thuglife, but let’s just be honest for a moment and admit some things, shall we?
1.You weren’t breast fed as a child/moms called u, “that dumb muthafucka” and in turn, u over-indulge in beautiful women who go by several names, “bitch, shut up: (1st, middle, last)” being one of them.
2. You also secretly prefer same sex relationships…it’s all good, I do too, no judgment here.
3. You’re not packing where it counts so u have one too many guns (T.I.) and further compensate with cars, jewelry, bad ass white women (kanye) to hide said same sex attraction (umm…Kanye).

 But sometimes, friends (dramatic pause-harpsichord plays) we have to get back to the real world and remember real shit goes down out here in these skreets… and I ain’t talking bout Waka Flocka Flames video getting abruptly stopped by the pigs (poor thing-pets pseudo-locks) I’m talking about Nas-real, Jean Grae-real, Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik-real, Mary J. Blige on that crizack-real*heads nod for reassurance*

That being said, enjoy some good tunes, some of you might of heard this classic before and some of you not so much, but it’s here for your listening pleasure and I hope you enjoy ☺

And remember, ‘I ain’t gotta rap.’

Check out the link below...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM9K6KwpWTg

2 comments:

  1. I needed this comedic relief, but also very good insight today. Thank you for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All comedy....Kudos.

    Music should be so much more than a dance move extended for 4:30 (Catdaddy, Swag Surfin, and Dougie etc).

    ReplyDelete